Work With Me
Who do I work with?
I’m passionate about working with clients who are tired of struggling with food and body, who are willing to explore how their relationship with food and body is impacted by other areas of their life, who are looking to make peace once and for all, who recognize how much energy the struggle has taken away from them, and who are looking to instead use that energy to fully express themselves and share their gifts with the world.
Sound like you? Let’s talk.
How my approach is different
My work combines Transformational Coaching with cutting-edge techniques from the powerful new fields of Mind Body Nutrition and Dynamic Eating Psychology to address not only the “what” of eating, but also the “how” and “why”.
- Mind Body Nutrition advances the practice of clinical nutrition by exploring the psychophysiology of how thoughts, feelings and beliefs impact nutritional metabolism and health. Simply put, what we eat is only part of the story. The other part is who we are as eaters. Mind Body Nutrition reveals how stress physiology, the relaxation response, breathing, awareness, pleasure, meal timing and more profoundly influence digestion and calorie burning. And it offers practical and results-oriented strategies for the most commonly seen eating challenges and health issues of our times.
- Dynamic Eating Psychology is a positive, empowering approach that’s designed for anyone who eats. It sees our challenges with eating, weight and health not as an indication that we’re broken, but as a beautiful opportunity to grow and evolve. It affirms that our relationship with food has important lessons to teach us – if we choose to listen. And it recognizes that our challenges with eating, weight and health are intimately connected to other primary life dimensions – relationship, family, work, sexuality, our search for meaning and fulfillment, and so much more.
My approach is positive and empowering. I don’t see your food challenges as a sign that “something is wrong with you” – but as a place where we can more fully explore some of the personal dimensions in life that impact food, weight and health. In other words, instead of seeing such challenges as the enemy, they become opportunities for growth and self-improvement. I look to support you with coaching strategies and nutrition principles that are nourishing, doable, sustainable, and that yield results.
Why my programs work
There’s a reason that my programs are really effective, while others are not. My programs get the best results in the shortest period of time because they include three important elements:
1. The right system: This means meeting you where you’re at and guiding you to take the right steps in the right order, all the time taking into account your unique individuality, personal preferences, and lifestyle so that we create lasting change. In other words, my programs are not cookie-cutter but are customized just for YOU.
2. The right support: As your coach, I’ll be there to encourage you when you’re feeling stuck and cheer you on as you learn to fly. I’ll be that person who understands your challenge (because she’s been there), knows the pitfalls and stumbles, and has the knowledge and experience to guide you on your journey. I will support you by creating a safe space where you can truly express yourself without judgment, perhaps in a way you have never been able to before.
3. The right accountability: Accountability means holding you to your word. It also means giving you that friendly kick in the butt if you fall off track. As your coach, I will always hold you as being completely capable of achieving your goals.
I work with clients all over the world through my virtual practice – sessions are conducted by phone or video conference. One of my core desires, and what I want my clients to feel and achieve, is freedom. By having a virtual practice, I have the freedom and flexibility to work from anywhere, and I get to share that gift with my clients. Benefits of virtual coaching include:
- The comforts of being coached in the surroundings of your choice – home, office, or other. You choose a quiet, relaxed place where you will not be disturbed. Yes, you can be coached while in your PJ’s!
- No wasted time traveling back and forth between sessions, no getting stuck in traffic – and then arriving to your session loaded up with “traffic stress”, no battling the weather. You eliminate these excuses so you can show up for yourself fully, ready for change!
- A greater sense of privacy and anonymity, which can lead to deeper, more profound change.
Research shows that phone coaching is equally effective as face-to-face coaching. In fact, for some clients, phone coaching can be a more effective option, as it offers a greater sense of privacy and anonymity, which may lead to an increasing amount of personal self-disclosure. So if you have been holding off working with a coach because of distance or time constraints, no need!
I fully commit to each and every client I take on, and I only take a limited number of clients at one time. I am currently offering the following coaching experiences:
Not sure which program is right for you? Schedule a Free Breakthrough Session.
 Remote weight loss interventions equally effective as face-to-face coaching programs
 Health Coaching Proven Effective, Even Long-Distance
 Distance Therapeutic Alliance: The Participant’s Experience